Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone), the world’s largest tire and rubber company and the only Worldwide Olympic and Paralympic Partner with its global headquarters in Tokyo, is celebrating one year to go until the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 by inviting the world to follow its journey to the next Olympic Games and experience what it means to help people chase their dreams.
- Investment will further digitise Bridgestone EMEA’s manufacturing processes
- Eight European plants across Poland, Hungary, Spain, Italy and France will be transformed
- Four-year project will be rolled-out from 2019 onwards
- Supports Bridgestone EMEA’s transformation into a mobility solutions leader
- Enliten reduces the rolling resistance of a tyre by up to 20% to reduce vehicle fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- The technology enables tyres to be reduced in weight by 10%, with no trade-off on wear life.
- Enliten also improves the vehicle’s handling and stability to increase driving pleasure.
In 2018, Bridgestone, the world’s largest tyre and rubber company, was chosen to provide over 120 new original equipment fitments in EMEA. This represents an increase of more than 30 per cent. The fitments are spread across more than 40 different models from 15 different manufacturers.