Bridgestone selected by Lamborghini as tyre supplier for Huracán STO supercar
• Bridgestone has been selected by Lamborghini to be the tyre supplier of the Lamborghini Huracán STO and deliver custom-developed tyres able to maximise the supercar’s incredible performance.
• Bridgestone’s sustainable virtual tyre development helped to achieve maximum results despite COVID-19 pandemic.
• The tailor-made Bridgestone Potenza tyres will help to bring the Huracán STO’s track-level performance to road users as of 2021.
Lamborghini has chosen Bridgestone as the tyre supplier for the Lamborghini Huracán STO, a new supersports car set to be released in 2021.
Bridgestone has developed a tailor-made Potenza tyre for the Huracán STO. The company engineered a high-performance tyre capable of maximising the Huracán STO’s traction, handling, control, and extreme overall performance.
The perfect fusion of technology and design
Bridgestone’s Potenza tyres specifically developed for Lamborghini’s Huracán STO supercar are the result of a new collaboration between two industry leaders. Like the Lamborghini Huracán STO, the custom-engineered Bridgestone Potenza tyres are the perfect fusion of technology and design.
Key to the tyre’s success in maximising the supersports car’s performance is the combination of pattern and cavity design and the use of the latest state of the art technologies. The Potenza tyres apply an asymmetric tread design for enhanced steering response and cornering stability, and an internal crown structure that distributes footprint pressure evenly when cornering. These features, combined with a newly developed tread compound that enhances grip, help to bring the Huracán STO’s track-level performance to road users.
A new project
Thanks to a strong collaboration with Lamborghini and its virtual development technology, Bridgestone carried out its tyre development process to achieve maximum results despite limitations caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bridgestone’s capabilities in virtual tyre development proved crucial to its Potenza tyres achieving outstanding performance in the given timeframe, with the tyre manufacturer testing several combinations in its virtual environment and integrating tyre behaviour in the vehicle’s system to find the perfect match for Lamborghini in a virtual driving simulator. This resulted in a process that went from start to finish in a more efficient way and with a reduced environmental impact.
The Lamborghini Huracán STO will begin production beginning of 2021. As well as the road-focused, custom-developed Potenza fitment, Bridgestone will also be providing a track-oriented, road-homologated version of the tyre that applies “race” technologies to maximise the vehicle’s track performance, especially in dry conditions.
Commenting on this announcement was Steven De Bock, VP Consumer Replacement and OE at Bridgestone EMIA: “It’s been a pleasure for our team to work so closely with Lamborghini for the first time, and on such an exciting project. The Huracán STO is an incredible piece of engineering that deserves a custom tyre that can fulfill its full potential. I can proudly say that Bridgestone has delivered such a high-performance tyre. It has been fantastic for the team to have worked on a project that is at the forefront of technology in so many ways.”
• Bridgestone’s newest motocross tyre gives riders amazing traction and grip performance, as well as increased stability and working range.• The Bridgestone Battlecross X31 achieves this […]
• The off-road looking tyre applies a new pattern design and touring compound to provide great dry performance.• Incredible traction, grip and braking in the wet […]